What kind of services do you provide?
Services we do not provide
- Emotional Support Animal letters
- Suboxone treatment
- Assessments for ability to return to work, ability to own a firearm or weapon, ability to drive a certain vehicle, etc.
- Couples or Family Therapy
- Transcraneal Magnetic Stimulations/Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Disability evaluations
- Forensic evaluations
- Court ordered treatment
- Certain types of psychotherapy such as EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy).
Are you able to provide services in Spanish?
Yes. Dr. Hidalgo is a native Spanish speaking doctor.
If I won't be going to an office, how will I see the doctor?
Where are you located?
What are your business hours?
Are you able to prescribe medications?
Are there any medicines that you won't prescribe?
- Since our appointments are performed over video, federal regulations prohibit Dr. Hidalgo from prescribing controlled substances such as stimulants (like adderall, ritalin, etc.) and/or benzodiazepines (like xanax, klonopin, ativan, etc.) without an in-person evaluation. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic these rules have been relaxed some. Therefore, for the moment:
- Dr. Hidalgo can prescribe controlled substances (such as benzodiazepines) ONLY if you need help stopping them.
- Controlled substances will not be prescribed if you are using marijuana (cannabis) or other substances or using sedatives like pain medications (suboxone, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, etc.).
- Even if you have been prescribed stimulant medications before, Dr. Hidalgo will only prescribe them after a rigorous evaluation and if they are indicated.
- Controlled substances will not be prescribed earlier than scheduled and prescriptions lost or stolen will not be replaced without a police report.
- You may be asked for a random Urine Drug Screen during course of treatment. This is done to either monitor compliance with medications or monitor the presence of illicit substances.
- Prescription Monitoring Program is checked on every patient. This is to ensure monitoring of controlled substances and to avoid duplicate prescriptions. The Prescription Monitoring Program asks for us to submit your name and date of birth, identifying Dr. Hidalgo as your provider.
How much do your services cost?
You don't take insurance, why would I see someone out of network?
How will I be able to afford your services?
I am ready to start treatment! What do I do next?
Are you taking any new patients?
What will happen during my first appointment?
Duiring your first appointment, Dr. Hidalgo will thoroughly review your reason for seeking care and background. The appointment will generally last one hour.
All new patient evaluations are just a consultation and don't establish a doctor-patient relationship.
Filling out the medical history questionnaire as this will help make the most of your appointment.
You and Dr. Hidalgo will discuss preliminary impressions and treatment options. If you both decide to work together, then you will discuss the structure of your treatment. Dr. Hidalgo will also continue to assess appropriateness of telemedicine/telepsychiatry.
Dr. Hidalgo will provide recommendations to meet your needs, expectations and abilities. Dr. Hidalgo will not initiate treatment (including prescribing medications) if that is not the case.
Further assessments may be required for Dr. Hidalgo to complete the consultation and assessment.
If we cannot meet your needs, we will not accept you as a patient.
In case you do not agree with Dr. Hidalgo’s treatment recommendations and/or decide we are not a good fit for you, our initial appointment fees will still apply even if you decide not to pursue treatment.
If you miss your first appointment, you will be charged the fee for the appointment ($300).
If a medication is prescribed, you will be provided with a Consent for Treatment form for you to review and sign.
Your follow-up appointments
If medications are prescribed, Dr. Hidalgo may recommend the patient return in 2-3 weeks for a follow-up appointment.
The frequency of appointments will vary depending on your needs (ranging from once a week to once every 3 months).
Appointments that are focused on medication management only usually last 25 minutes.
If we determine that therapy should be part of your treatment and you decide to receive therapy from Dr. Hidalgo, it is best for patient to attend therapy once every 1-2 weeks. These appointments usually last 50 minutes.
Photography or recording (audio and/or video) is NOT permitted during your appointments (new or follow up).
What if I need to talk to the doctor or have an emergency?
As a solo physician practice, Dr. Hidalgo generally makes herself available to patients and we encourage patients to contact our clinic with questions or concerns.
What if I have to cancel or miss an appointment?
Cancellations/ No Shows
- A late cancellation is when the scheduled appointment is cancelled less than 24 hour before your appointment. We understand that sometimes unexpected events occur which may cause you to miss your appointment; we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible.
- You can cancel and schedule appointments using the Patient Portal.
- If you cancel an initial Psychiatric Evaluation appointment less than 24 hours before your appointment or you do not show to your appointment, you will be charged the full fee for your session.
- If you cancel a follow up appointment less than 24 hours before your appointment or you do not show to your appointment, we will assess a fee of $100 (for a 25-30 min appointment) or $150 (for a 50 min app).
Late arrivals/ Missed appointments
- If you are late for your session, you will only be seen for the remainder of the time left in your appointment time slot.
- Since you will nevertheless be charged for the full amount of the session, it is to your great advantage to be on time for all sessions.
- Should you arrive more than 15 minutes late for a standard follow-up session or more than 30 minutes late for an extended follow-up session, it will be considered a missed appointment. You will be asked to reschedule so that an appropriate amount of time and attention may be devoted to your care.
- You will still be responsible for payment of the missed session. Your insurance company may not reimburse you for fees related to late cancellation/no-show/missed appointment.